THE BIG NEWS:
My daughter's death came to a shock to EVERYONE! There was SO much anticipation for this newborn because it would be my first vaginal birth after two cesareans. Plus I was birthing at home and the excitement of everyone around me was like a drug. On January 16th 2011, Jubilee Eden was vaginally born STILL. I promise to blog about my home birth experience but let's get to the REAL point of this blog.
The day before my daughter's memorial, my husband mentioned his testicle was enlarged. He said he first noticed the enlargement 1-25-11. I suggested he should see the doctor on Monday (1-31-11). Sunday, January 30th 2011, came and went in a whirlwind. After the memorial, David and I did have the night alone, there was nothing to say or nothing to do but be still..be quiet and just BE! On Monday, David called the doctors office and got an appointment the same day. At first, David was skeptical of me going with him, but I stressed the importance of letting me "be there" for him. He agreed, though I do admit it was odd to be in the room with him while another woman touched my husband. But I was more nervous for him then anything. She ordered an ultrasound for him and told him the possibilities of the mass found in his testicle. He got the ultrasound the next day and the same day the doctor called us in with the results.
The night before David was suppose to get his ultrasound, I was praying. There was nothing more I could do, but pray. My specific prayer time with God has been more silent then usual. Since my daughter's death, I have been doing more of the talking and not too much listening. But this specific night it was different. God told me to get on my knees. I felt totally convicted! In all honesty, I haven't been praying for my husband like I used too because I was so engulfed with praying for the birth of baby Jubilee. Then after Jubilee's death, I was just praying for the strength to pull myself together for my living children and my husband. But, I did as God said, I knelt by the bedside of my husband and prayed. I had no clue what I was praying for but I knew I needed to pray. While I was praying the Lord revealed the ultrasound results and I had no clue why he would reveal the results and NOTHING else.
(Back to: after the ultrasound, the doctor called us in same day)
We got to the doctor's office right away and since I was still sore from birthing a child, I sat down right inside the door. I looked down and there was a Holy Bible (not even joking). I heard God (as clear as a bell) say "Pick it Up". In my mind all I could think about is "why is there a Holy Bible in this doctors office, did I never realize the Holy Bible's in other doctor's offices". I picked up the Bible and right away I turned to Psalm 27. If you want to know what Psalm 27 says, READ IT YOURSELF! I sat there in awe and attempted to get David to read it but the nurse called us in. The nurse checked David's vitals then left and the doctor soon popped in. She sat down and read the ultrasound results, "David, the ultrasound results show that you do have testicular cancer". As she explained what that meant, I couldn't help but break down. But I quickly pulled myself together. The doctor recommended that David should go down the hall and get blood work done right away and gave us the number for the oncologist.
As David got blood taken, I sat in the waiting room having a full on conversation with God. I wanted to know why. I wanted to know, why now. I wanted to know, why him. I wanted to know GOD would cover my husband and SAVE him. I knew my prayer by David's bedside that night would need to be a powerful one, I would be fighting for his life, I would be doing the warfare!
That night, I prayed my little heart out! NO satan you cannot have my husband. I prayed against anything my husband and I were ever exposed to spiritually. I broke him free from any family health issues, broke any word curses and prayed this word cancer would just leave David's body. Lastly, I prayed we would find the right doctors.
PHONE CALLS, TESTING, STRESS
Wednesday, February 2nd, David called the recommended oncologist, but because of the snow all their systems were down. The office promised they would call by Friday with an appointment. David waited as long as he could Friday for the oncologists office to call, but finally he called them (not happy btw). The office said they needed to get all the information faxed to them and they need to review it before they can see David. So David would have to wait until Monday to get an appointment. David's a patient man, but he was not happy to wait. But seriously, what person wants to wait after hearing the word cancer?!
Monday, February 7th came quickly after a MUCH needed weekend with friends and family! FINALLY the oncologist calls and schedules an appointment. Only two hours later does David find out he needs to see the urologist first and the one recommended scheduled his appointment for the NEXT Monday. David was NOT going to wait ANY MORE, he wanted to get into the urologist NOW.
That's enough for tonight, I'm exhausted, still need to pray and I have a special date at my love's bedside!
"Every prayer, long or short is heard and IS ENOUGH!"
Oh Christa-there are no words just know we are here for you. Sharing your blog with the special people in my life who will be praying for you. (((hugs))) Mama x
ReplyDeleteOh wow Christa, I had no idea. I will of course be praying for David!
ReplyDelete