DOORS
"Where God closes one door, He will open another".
(Recap- David's doctor needed him to see the urologist before seeing the oncologist and the urologist recommended didn't have an appointment for ANOTHER week!)
David was NOT going to let another week go by, he wanted answers, he wanted this cancerous mass out of him and out of him NOW.
That same Monday, David called another urologist in the Lehigh Valley Hospital network instead of the Reading Hospital network. The doctor was able to see him Wednesday February 9th at 8am. AHH, that date felt much better for us!
On February 9th we got to the urologist early to fill out paper work. Once we were taken into the examination room, the nurse checked David's vitals and soon after the doctor entered. The urologists confidence gave me peace and his straight forward talk made me feel confident he knew what he was talking about.
The urologist told David/us everything about testicular cancer in a very "these are just the facts" type of way. But he told us, David must get another ultrasound, more blood work and he might as well get all the pre-admission testing. Though the urologist believed the ultrasound and lab results our primary care physician ordered, he wanted to see all the test results with his own eyes. Then the urologist informed us David was going into surgery Monday February 14th and all of David's testing was going to be ordered STAT. Which I honestly did not know what STAT meant. But apparently it meant THAT SAME DAY! Luckily I was going for a follow up appointment at the same location David needed to get all his testing. Wednesday ended up being a LONG exhausting day.
SAVING FACE:
After the long drawn out day, David and I were never happier to be home. If you know my husband personally, he is the type that attempts to hide his feelings but his feelings are written all over his face. I could tell he was nervous, stressed out and the events of the day have drained him, not only physically but emotionally and mentally. He looked deep in thought with no where to escape from those thoughts. I felt for him, wanted to cry for him, wanted to be angry for him but mostly I wanted to know the outcome so I could give him some kind of peace! But all we can do is WAIT...wait and just BE!
I PRAY:
"I wait on you, Oh God! I wait for you to show your indescribable power because I know though this hard time, it's ALL ABOUT YOU!"
It's prayer time now, goodnight everyone! Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts!
Christa, I had NOOOO idea! I woudl love to talk to you sometime about all I've learned about being a cancer patient caregiver. If ever you have a moment, call. The key is to find the BEST doctor and be VERY aggressive. We had to PUSH to get my mom immediate care and it paid off. PENN was the absolute best. If you can go to PENN, Fox Chase, or the American Cancer Center (I think that's the name?). It's worth it. They get faster results and are the best. I'm praying and I'm ehre for you! I will be blogging soon on being a caregiver and how/what to do!
ReplyDeleteI'm so upset you guys are going through this! Cancer is a horrible, horribile thing! BUT God has the victory, and don't ever let doubt take you down. These things make us stronger! Praying hard for you all!