LONG DAY
I am exhausted! But my poor husband is sitting across from me in tons of pain BUT in great spirits.
David, his father Mike and I got to the hospital at 10:30am today and David went into pre-op. He got prepped for his short surgery and he looked so cute in his hospital booties and gown. We waited for a while until the Doctor came in and marked the side where he was getting surgery. His father and I prayed over David, then I watched me husband walk away. I'm so happy Mike was there because if I was left alone with my own thoughts the day would've been a lot more draining.
Mike and I headed out to the waiting room while David was in surgery. It was great to sit, talk and spend quality time with my father in-law. The nurse came and got us once David was in recovery. The nurse scared me when they said they had trouble waking David up. Once I saw David I knew it wasn't because there was anything wrong, he was just groggy from all the anesthesia. It took him a while to get himself together enough to be able to pee. It's amazing a simple task like peeing can be so hard to do after surgery. But the nurses were happy with the little he was able to supply.
I was so happy to be home tonight and be able to focus on taking care of the man who took care of me through 3 pregnancies and two babies! To finally become the caregiver gave me so much joy. Of course I hate to see him in pain and it's very exhausting emotionally. But to be able to show the love I have for my husband through my actions makes me feel like I'm truly doing my job as a wife!
KEEP praying, we will find out the results of the biopsy, cat scan and other tests Wednesday February 23rd! We are praying for a CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH!!
"The Lord died for us so we may be free of ALL disease and pain!"
No comments:
Post a Comment